Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 16, 2014

Well…. so here I am in Kansas! I'm up North about 2 hrs from Wichita, in a little place called Manhattan! Its so cute! They call it the little apple! 
So my first companion, my trainer's name is Sister Judy, she's form Idaho, Ammon Idaho.   I also totally met Sister Miller, who knows aunt Jodi.  My first day here I was on exchanges with Sister Miller and we helped a lady pull weeds.  I totally  tripped over a plaque and cut my leg.  It was bleeding everywhere! Ugh.
So our apartment sits about half way up a hill, yes hill. We're up North in the flint hills. LOVE it! It's really green…. and humid. Really, really humid. And I'm told it gets worse WAY worse. I think I'm going to die in August. I'll send you a letter so you will know my address. Or you could just send packages to the mission office, they'll know where to send it.  
Sister Judy and I are opening up the area, they haven't had sisters in our ward forever! So we have a lot of work to do!  We got a ton of former investigators from the elders, but when we contacted them, none of them were interested. Bummer.
Our apartment smells like smoke, pretty much constantly, and we have no idea where we're going. Neither of us know the area or the members, so we work hard, and don't accomplish much. But I've never been happier! I LOVE THIS WORK!
Me with President Bell

"MANHATTAN"

No comments:

Post a Comment